Thursday, March 19, 2020

HANG IN THERE BABY

I'm not sure how many of you might be housebound because of the coronavirus, but here's a good exercise. Romp through the old shit. I just went through some old posts and found these covers. There's a search box at the top left of the page. You might be surprised at what you might find. There's also the tags in the right column. That's how I found these covers. With over three thousand posts, you get the idea. These covers range from relatively predictable to wildly re-imagined. Some of the juxtapositions are unbelievably cool and others are downright scary. Relatively speaking of course.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Who - Young Man Blues (live) mp3 at Tumblr Mose Allison cover
David Bowie - See Emily Play mp3
at Stop Okay Go Pink Floyd cover
Liverbirds - Peanut Butter mp3
at Internet Archive Marathons cover
New York Dolls - There's Gonna Be a Showdown mp3
at Tumblr Archie Bell and the Drells cover
The Slits - I Heard It Through the Grapevine mp3
at Tumblr Marvin Gaye cover
Paul Anka - Smells Like Teen Spirit mp3
at Clayton Counts Nirvana cover
Eli "Paperboy" Reed - Ace of Spades mp3
at Thersl Weblog (?) Motorhead cover
Ralph Stanley - White Light/White Heat mp3
at Tumblr Velvet Underground Cover
Sonny Rollins - T'm an Old Cowhand mp3
at Time Goes By Bing Crosby cover

3 comments:

espege said...

Hey, Tom! All Norwegian schools are closed, so we've been home a week now - all four of us. Initially, the opportunist in me was hoping to finally get some overdue carpentry shit done on our house, daytime, but so far too many hours have been spent on a laptop; "home-officing". Trying to compile some sort of surrogate digital learning environment for our pupils; grown-up refugees who lack education (or proof of such) from where they fled from. Somalis, Syrians, Kurds, Eritreans, Afghanis and so on; few of them anywhere near computer-savvy and most of them with grossly inadequate Norwegian skills, so you can imagine how that pans out... Still; I'm not getting laid off, so at least there's that.

Hope you're doing okay! e

Tom G. said...

Doing good at this end Espen! They have a stay-at-home order in my neck of the woods, but I don't go out that often and I live by myself so it's not really cramping my style. I say that now, after day 1. Ask me again in a week and I'll likely be climbing the walls.

Sounds like you have a challenging teaching situation, When I got my first computer, and was totally computer un-savvy, my Dad told me "Just remember, you can't break it" and encouraged me to just doink around on it to see what I could learn intuitively. It worked amazingly well.

Thanks for touching base. Thinking of you and your family. Wash yer hands!!

Steve D. said...

Heh heh heh.
Paul Anka is touring venues on his "Anka Sings Sinatra" tour (Do not abbreviate!).
I'm not attending, but I wonder if there would be anybody in the audience bold enough asking to hear "Smells Like Teen Spirit"!?