Monday, January 2, 2023

PARKING LOT CHICK DON'T CARE


I've finally hit a fork. This blog gets shit for traffic, mainly because there are so many outgoing links..Google penalizes for that and also gives preference to commerce sites. Long story short, the traffic here is dismal. I could walk down the street and tell perfect strangers about Hasil Adkins and have more of an impact. So at this point, anything goes. I'm thinking what I might do is set up another blog and have only one outgoing link, back here for associated media. I don't know. Here's the deal, ten years ago when music blogs were all over the place, people had longer attention spans. That's when blogs were more popular. I was getting 30K page views a day. Now page views are down to a few hundred, sometimes much less. Today it's app this, zoom that tik tok and stream your instagram ass off. Fucking enough.

I'm not going into detail about what it was like and why I started this blog in the first place. All I know is I feel like I've lately just been addressing the few regulars. There, that was the light bulb I needed. From here on out, we're doing a little switching of gears. I did feel like I was addressing a few regulars, but that was not my intention. Now it is. So things are gonna be a little sloppier but at least now we can take our shoes off. The photo above has no relevance whatsoever. I ran across it years ago on a found photo site. "Parking lot chick" I just dig the attitude. The song below has no relevance either but it was the song I was going to post before my little fucking epiphany up there. Mexico 68 Afrobeat Orchestra was a Los Angeles band, sounding much like the Budos Band or Antibalas. The song is from 2015. It's a nice jam. Your feet stink.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Mexico 68 Afrobeat Orchestra- Soon Dem Come mp3
at The Melting Pot

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, do what you feel is best. Thanks for the ride so far.

Anonymous said...

Shoes off… don’t need them in the tropics….

BigWord said...

I came to this blog back in the mid twenty oughts, looking for, and finding, great resources for my DJ side hustle. I haven't been DJing for a while, but checking your blog remains part of my daily routine. I love the insights, the slice of life stuff, all of that shit you bring, I dig it. Shoes on or off, I'm here for it Tom! Cheers

jonder said...

As the fella said, you can't please everyone; you got to please yourself.

I like the new attitude!

Tom G. said...

Hey guys (or gals) thanks for understanding. I gotta say after posting that last night I immediately felt a "who gives a fuck" weight off my shoulders. Your comments validate that feeling. From here on, it's all for you guys (or gals). Thanks!

Alan Wilson said...

Hey, Tom! Just want to take this opportunity to thank you for your dedication and for sharing your passion and knowledge with us for these many years. If making life better for other people is the measure of success, you've already made it in spades! Whatever road you decide to take from here will be the right road.

CB said...

Tom, always enjoy sticking my toe in your eclectic ocean of music. I encourage you to paddle on in whatever form you desire. Look forward to seeing what you catch. Curt

Anonymous said...

Can't remember how many years I've coming here, or what led me here, and I've only left a comment or two along the way. A definite part of my Saturday morning music blog crawl, armed only with a cup of coffee. Thanks for the music.
Kevin

Steve D. said...

Tom - it is amazing.
Look what I discovered on another Google weblog to which I follow. ;=)#

Tom G. said...

Well, I guess I'm not the only person who feels the pinch!

hambone said...

On a day-in/day-out basis this is easily the best music blog on the www. Always thankful for the work you put in to post such great stuff and so regularly.