Saturday, January 14, 2023

GET BACK JOJO. GO HOME.


I'm in the shower this morning and kind of humming "Bang Bang" in my head. All of a sudden I blurted out "Jo Jo". I wasn't hearing Cher's version or Nancy Sinatra's, I was hearing a rocksteady version by Tomorrow's Children. I love their version because of the inexplicably placed "Jo Jo". It's just stuck in there in between a chorus and verse. No apparent reason. Just because it makes no sense, I dig it. I went looking for it and found out the flip of the original 45 was a cover of the Beatles' "Rain". Checking that out, the production is pretty raw, which is good, and each instrument is easily heard, but it's an odd mix. Like the prominence of different instruments are a little off. It's a crisp recording, if that makes sense, it's just off enough. Then I revisited Nancy Sinatra's version of "Bang Bang" just to hear Billy Strange's spooky guitar work. It is so understatedly perfect, it controls the song, it is the song. Then onto the video below of the Beatles' "Rain". It's poorly synced but that's what you get when you try to match studio audio with a live performance. Regardless, it's cool to see footage of that era (Revolver). This is where I get off. I already see three possible distractions if I don't get out of here.


~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~

No comments: