Wednesday, January 18, 2023

'EAH, GO WRITE IN YOUR JOURNAL.


I'm not in the mood tonight, time to raid the links that I hang onto for such occasions. Tonight, the beats, -niks or not, of which I've read very little. I've started Kerouac's The Subterraneans at least three times and all three times it was booted for some other book. I'm not sure why that is. Too rambling I guess, like a friend that won't let you get a word in edgewise. I'll undoubtedly give him another shot if only to see what all the fuss is/was about. I kinda think all that beat stuff to be like any other subculture, exploited by pop media with crap for insight, cashing in on stereotypes replete with their own "How to" ads in comic books, pulp paperbacks, and hack job films. (See also "bikers", "surfers", "punk rockers".) As with most subcultures, the real deals are the way they are because of pop culture. Why fuel it? Maybe that's my deal with Kerouac. Admittedly, I don't know shit about him, he did seem to be pretty public. Wgasa, bro.


~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Charles Mingus With Jean Shepherd - The Clown mp3
at Internet Archive
Lenny Bruce - Psychopathia Sexualis mp3
at Internet Archive
Jack Kerouac With Steve Allen - Readings From "On the Road" and "Visions of Cody" mp3
at Internet Archive

No comments: