Monday, January 16, 2023

RANDOM ACTS OF RADNESS


I don't know where I first heard of The Numero Group. It was probably from a blog, or Mojo or Waxpoetic magazines. It was early because it was right after their first release roughly twenty years ago. I liked the label so much I'd planned on picking up all of their releases. Nope, their output left me in the dust within  a few months. They put out compilations of small independent labels or under-represented regions, and they do it right, with cool packaging, thorough liner notes and great archival photos (random example above). There's a lotta legwork in these, research, licensing, cleaning up master tapes; they are saving music from almost inevitable obscurity. I've managed to accumulate about a dozen of their releases over the years and they're all great. After listening to this totally random trio, I just went to revisit their website. It's been a while and I thought I'd prepared myself. Oh, fuck no. Their offerings have exploded. There goes the night.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Elijah & The Ebonites - Hot Grits!!! mp3 at Internet Archive
Paul Kelly - The Upset mp3
at Internet Archive
Johnny Davis - You've Got To Crawl To Me mp3
at Internet Archive
Visit:
The Numero Group
The Numero Group at Bandcamp

No comments: