Tuesday, March 12, 2024

IT'S ALL GOOD


Yesterday I was at the neighborhood hardware store. It's a mom and pop store that really caters to the community it serves. None of the bulk shit, none of the racks to the ceiling or tricked out shit you don't need. It's a hammer and nails type place. I was there for rope.

I got to the counter and recognized the two people behind it. I'd been in the store a month or so ago and they were playing some music from South America. I don't remember what it was exactly but when I mentioned that I liked it the conversation turned to international music in general; Brazilian, African, all over the place. Just a few days ago I'd been thinking about those two hardware store people. I knew I was going there for rope and I remembered that there was site I'd posted a ways back that was basically a spin-the-globe radio station finder. I tried every which way I could think of to find it on this, my own fucking blog, and failed. When I mentioned that to one of the hardware clerks, he did a quick web search and found the site in a milli-second. Yep: doh!!

On the globe, there are no borders or city names, just the shapes of the continents with green dots all over it. You'll probably need another map to reference where the cities from music rich regions are. I needed it to find Cape Verde and Lagos Nigeria, but Kingston Jamaica was easy enough to find. Once you know where the city is, just click among the closest green dots and it plays the station from that locale. When I got home I messed with it again, ended up on an armchair world tour for two hours. You should bookmark it so you don't have to go to the hardware store to find it again.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~

No comments: