Friday, March 1, 2024

IT'S POST-PUNK SOMEWHERE


Just a quick one because I ran across a favorite that I'd been wanting to share for a while for one reason. The the lyrics fucking crack me up. It's by the Knitters, a side project that included John Doe, Exene Cervenka, and DJ Bonebrake from X, Dave Alvin from the Blasters and Jonny Ray Bartel from the Red Devils. The song, "The Call of the Wreckin' Ball", is about a guy who stomps chickens to death for a living. It starts with: "Well I woke up this morning, lookin' for kicks, went out to the barnyard to stomp on some chicks. They call me Wreckin' Ball, 'cause I'm the baddest of 'em all." That's just the first couple lines. The rest of the song is just as goofy. When I hear it, I'm envisioning the Max Fleischer version of Bluto from the early Popeye cartoons. The lyrics definitely have a cartoon feel to them. Lil' Abner shitfaced drunk. Anyway, it's best to hear it first but if your English is spotty there's a link below to the lyrics. The Knitters' version of Merle Haggard's "Silver Wings" is down there too because it's a good one.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~

No comments: