Thursday, February 29, 2024

NEVER HEARD OF HER.


I'm posting these for a few reasons. I never heard of Charline Arthur until a few hours ago. I'm reading a bland book about early rock 'n' roll. The stuff in it is the same stuff most of us know backwards and forwards. It a $1 used book and it's just holding me over until I get to the library. I've been tempted to put it down but have been holding out hope that there'd be some nugget of early rock trivia that I's missed, in this most basic book. There, mentioned between Janis Martin and Barbara Pttman was the name Charline Arthur. The book considers her rockabilly but, eh, it's really more country or hillbilly. But another reason I'm posting these is that, whether country, hillbilly or rockabilly, I knew Rocky 52 would have something. That he did. Five songs and a bio. Three of the songs are below and there's a link to the page at Rocky 52. Bookmark Rocky's site. It's invaluable when it comes to anything country, western, hillbilly, rockabilly, bluegrass or early rock 'n' roll. That's another reason for this post, props for Rocky 52.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Charline Arthur - I Heard About You mp3
at Rocky 52
Charline Arthur - Hello Baby mp3
at Rocky 52
Charline Arthur - Burn That Candle mp3
at Rocky 52
Charline Arthur - Two more, bio and discography
at Rocky 52

No comments: