Thursday, March 28, 2024

FUCK FINESSE. GO BABY GO!


I'm having a Gories fit over here. I started watching a documentary on them and stopped after about fifteen minutes, I decided to tailgate in a way first, in this case getting psyched to watch the rest of it by checking a few live things first. That was all it took and I was on another Gories binge. There's just something about them. They're rough around the edges, they're not flashy, they are definitely not maestros. I can't explain why it is that I like them. I guess it comes down to them not quite giving a fuck, always an admirable trait. So, I'm going back to the documentary. There's a link below to a post from a few months ago with a live video and a couple songs.



~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Visit:
Earlier post with two songs and a live video

3 comments:

Ginny said...

Dirtbombs played Seattle when I was there. Friend went nuts for this man's vintage Canadian hockey jersey (don't remember the team). In my two-beer buzz, I ask the man if he would sell his jersey. "No". "Please" "No" chat chat. Me, "Hey what's your name?" He looked surprised and said, "Mick". It wasn't until later that evening but before the band went on that I put the loonies together.

Tom G. said...

Ha! That's cool and funny at the same time. I miss you Ginny! Not a half hour ago I went out for a smoke and when I came in the CMA awards were on and I was thinking how cool it would to be slightly buzzed, watching and commenting on all the changes in country music with a good friend that gets it. Ahem. You.

Ginny said...

Emailed your cox.net address. What is best way to contact and what time are you free this weekend or next for phone call? Miss you too. Why the fuck haven't we spoken to each other in more than 2 years?