Sunday, March 1, 2020

TWTTY WAH TWITTY

Here's one that a friend recommended to me years ago. I had no interest whatsoever in Conway Twitty. My only impressions were from the seventies and after. Leisure suits and a square Dad hair cut didn't exactly ring cool, nor did his output at the time. Hell, as far as I was concerned he was straight cornball country. Then my friend made my listen to "Lonely Blue Boy". He pointed out how he drags out the "is" in the line "Lonely Blue Boy i-i-is my name". It's as painful as a one syllable word can be.You'll dig the guitar intro too. This sucker has all the ingredients. I'll bet you dollars for donuts, if the Conway Twitty name wasn't so well known there would have been a Cramps cover. I've posted it before, years ago. If you've heard it alreadty, hey, there's another one down there, "Long Black Train", straight up rockabilly, including a tight solo and requisite mumbling of lyrics.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen
Conway Twitty - Lonely Blue Boy mp3 at Punch Drunk Love
Conway Twitty - Long Black Train mp3
at Rocky 52

No comments: