Wednesday, March 11, 2020

T-SHIRT, CHECK. TATS, CHECK. BEER GUT, CHECK.

I listened to the Heartbreakers "Pirate Love" a few days ago and the damn thing has been running through my head ever since, the opening line "You gotta walk that walk..." in particular. It's a song I've heard a thousand times, and I like it and all that, yet it's still been on repeat in my head. Fuck it, maybe by posting it it'll make room for something else.

The good news is that when I went to the site that posted it, among the songs it was posted with was one by Priors, who I'd never heard of. When I heard them I couldn't peg when the song may have been recorded, the post featuring other songs by Heartbreakers class mates (Ramones, Lou Reed and the Modern Lovers) and more recent grads (Ty Segall, Beck). So, with nothing to go on, I went looking. It turns out they're from Montreal, not exactly a hotbed of punk rock, and they're recent. Okay, a band to watch. Here we go...

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Heartbreakers - Pirate Love mp3 at Still In Rock
Priors - Big Love mp3 at Still In Rock 
Video:
Priors - Story Blind at YouTube

No comments: