Wednesday, January 27, 2021

CHECK THAT BOX


Tonight I learned that Gary Burger, from the Monks, recorded with Faust. Well, I'll be dipped in shit.  "Beware (The Transatlantic Feedback)", from a Monks tribute compilation Silver Monk Time. It's also got the Fall, the Raincoats, Jon Spencer and a bunch of other people. I didn't know it existed so, cool, another thing to look out for if it can be had on the cheap.

The other thing I learned tonight is totally unrelated. I did not know that Mountain's "Long Red" has been sampled over 600 times. The post at Melting Pot cites Eric B. & Rakim's "Eric B. Is President" as an example. I remember hearing that song when it came out and at that time it had been several years since I heard the Mountain song. Now that I think about it, until tonight it had been probably ten to fifteen years since I listened to Eric B. & Rakim. Man, I gotta start digging shit out more.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Faust and Gary Burger - Beware (The Transatlantic Feedback)
(streaming) at YouTube
The Monks - Several songs here
Some of the links are dead, but most are still good
Mountain - Long Red mp3
at Melting Pot
Eric B. & Rakim - Eric B. Is President
(streaming) at YouTube

No comments: