Tuesday, January 19, 2021

GTFO


I've been waiting to wake up for four years. In November of 2016 I had the worst fucking nightmare. Under ordinary circumstances I would have gone on with my day and forgotten all about it. "It was only a dream." That always helped after other nightmares, which had sometimes found me getting arrested, falling from the sky, and being chased by a giant rolling ball of chop suey. For some reason the "only a dream" thing wouldn't work this time. So I went back to bed. I didn't sleep well. The nightmare kept reoccurring, each time worse and worse. Here's the weird part, the nightmare had so many scenarios that were so Bizarro World and beyond comprehension that I could not possibly have been thinking of them previously to seed this surreal nightmare. That's when the nightmare got even worse. The main protagonist was a simpleton, a lazy infantile blowhard. And he was everywhere. A real creep. I'm going to cut out. I've got to get a good nights sleep. This shit stops tonight.

Above illustration by Jamie Reid, creator of the "God Save the Queen" graphic for the Sex Pistols.

No comments: