Sunday, January 10, 2021

DISREGARD TITLE.


Okay, I'd been going back and forth about posting this one. I didn't want to seem like I was taking Wednesday's shit show at the Capitol lightly, but once Jeri Jorden's "Riots" popped into my head, it would not leave. The invasion of the Capitol was less a riot than an invasion. I'm still shaking my head. It's just fucking unbelievable that there were that many people gullible enough to actually believe that the election was rigged, especially considering the source of their information. Someone who has lied consistently for the last four years. (The Washington Post kept a running tally but stopped counting on November 5 at 29,508 misleading claims or lies since he was elected,) 

After thinking about it, I figured that you deserved the song and if I didn't post it, then the Trump idiots have won. Fuck them, fuck him. You need to hear the sax in this song. It's major league squonk. As far as sax is concerned, the closest contender in the dissonance sweepstakes is Lara Logic's solo in X-Ray Spex's "Oh Bondage, Up Yours". So here's both...oh, and fuck Donald Trump.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~

2 comments:

Paolo Meccano said...

‘Riots’ has been one of my favorites ever since I first heard it (here, I think, so thanks).

P.S: The links don't work, but the ones in your original post do: -

https://ladimensiondetrastos.blogspot.com/2008/01/sax-riot.html?m=1

Tom G. said...

Links fixed. Thanks Paolo!