Thursday, January 14, 2021

THE EVER EXPANDING GENRE OF WHAT?


You know you got it bad when you see the band name Hallelujah Chicken Run Band and it seems familiar. I don't know where I saw it before but I don't think it was the hosting site. I knew they were African, but that's about it. After hearing this song I did remember that my first impression, whenever it was, was that they didn't fit into any distinct African sub-category, Cool.

The hosting blog says it's an "exciting form of afrorock called chimurenga." Another blog says "Fusing traditional Shona music with Congolese rumba and Zimbabwean rock." Huh? I guess I ain't got it that bad.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Hallelujah Chicken Run Band - Tamba Zimba Navashe mp3
at For the Sake of the Song

No comments: