Saturday, August 1, 2020

VINTAGE SICK

A friend of mine hepped me to an early Cramps promo film of Human Fly, from 1978. This is before music videos. My Friend had originally seen it back in the day, sandwiched between two midnight movie type feature films, in an actual theater. So in that context, it does seem like a B-movie short. It's the early Cramps too, when they still had Bryan Gregory.



I wanted to post that before I forgot and as long at I was doing that I figured I'd pad it with a few other things that you might not have seen. One is a video of them playing at a mental hospital for an audiece of mental patients. It could be seen as an opportunistic publicity stunt or a heartfelt pulic service. I don't care so I never really looked into it. I do know that I feel slightly voyeuristic when I watch footage of the patients. I don't like that feeling. Nor do I like the feeling of seeing the Cramps playing a Halloween party on an episode of Beverley Hills 90210, but there it is, in all it's glory.

There's also some music links, one is an entire live set at CBGBs from 1978. Not the greatest fidelity, but actually pretty good for that era and particularly that venue, not exactly a concert hall.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Cramps - Human Fly mp3 at Review Stalker
The Cramps - Primitive mp3
at The Flaneur's Arcade
The Cramps - Goo Goo Muck mp3
at Review Stalker
The Cramps - Live at CBGBs mp3
at Internet Archive 13 Songs, go there for song list.
Video:
The Cramps - The Way I Walk (live)
at YouTube At Napa Mental Facility 1978
The Cramps - On Beverly Hills 90210 at YouTube

No comments: