Wednesday, August 12, 2020

THE OLD TIMEY SHREDDER

Okay, this means I'm out of some loop. I like bluegrass as much as the next guy, but I don't actively keep on it. Why? It's old timey shit, it will always be around. Isn't new old timey an oxymoron anyway? Still, even if bluegrass wasn't my bag at all, I would certainly think I'd hear about a talent like this guy. I was listening to a hip hop track at YouTube and it popped up in the sidebar. "Dust In A Baggie"? What the hell. When the guy finally starts playng (at the point the video below starts) it becomes instantly obvious, this isn't your average picker in the back room at some house party with Stoney McBaggyshorts over in the background. I feel a little lame for not knowing about him. The video linked at the bottom is from around 2012, putting him at about age nineteen. He looks to be about the same age in the one directly below. There's a bunch of other videos from over the years over at YouTube, He's changed his looks quite a bit, but I don't care about that. Dude fucking smokes.



~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Video:
Meet Billy Strings at YouTube

No comments: