Monday, August 24, 2020

THIRTY SECONDS OF THIS SONG

This is a repost, but the song was running in my head. Hey I fucked with the photo of Zappa, that was enough work. All goofing aside, here's the old post:

There's always that guy who knows the Velvet Underground, the first Modern Lovers LP, and Television and has always steered clear of Frank Zappa. I was that dude. Still not a real fan, I have a few records that I never listen to. But one song I really dig is "Trouble Every Day", from 1966. The lyrics are frighteningly relevant today. But right now I am marveling at the similarity, the big fat splotch in the middle of the Venn diagram, of jagged guitar interplay. If you know the three bands mentioned above, dig on the solo starting at 3:50.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention - Trouble Every Day mp3 at Gorveg (?)

1 comment:

Steve D. said...

Warning. I am a Zappaphile. I had a quotation from Frank Z. on a profile page at a sexpositive World-Wide Web site.
If you click through to my bookmark page (above), you will find a quote from Frank Z. dating back to November 1981.
Can we toss Nostradamus into the rubbish bin, and install Frank Z. as the genuine predictor of the future?