Thursday, August 6, 2020

STILL APPROPRIATE

Man, I dig this one. David J (Bauhaus, Love and Rockets) and whoever the hell the Comrades are, doing a cover of John Lennon's "Gimme Some Truth". It sounds like a cheapo version of Berlin-era Bowie. It kinda works. I don't think it has quite enough of a thud though. I'd up the bass. It made me think of Generation X's cover which needs some punch too. No one, that I've heard anyway, has made a version that's as heavy as Lennon's original. And his wasn't loud, just well produced. Maybe it was because you can only hear a good song for the first time once. Whatever, I just wish there was a cover of it that would just completely bLow me away. Eh, this will do for now.



~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Love and Rockets - Ball of Confusion mp3 at  Zed Equals Zee Earlier David J

No comments: