Friday, April 2, 2021

HAUNTED FRANKIE VAUGHN RESPONDS


There's a letter making the rounds online. An alleged rejection letter sent to Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music from Polydor Records. I say alleged because it's been posted a lot in the past twenty four hours. Yesterday was April 1st, April Fools Day. I normally wouldn't regard it as fake, because I couldn't care less one way or another. But in looking for a high resolution version, I ran into an alleged response from Bryan Ferry. There is a line in the response that make me think both are jokes.

"If you really must, at least make sure it's on a REAL Polydor letterhead, you thick twat, otherwise I might think it's another late April Fool." Scans of both letters can be seen here.

Like I said, I really don't give a shit. It's just a good excuse to post some Roxy Music stuff. This way....

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~

Listen:
Roxy Music - The Bogus Man mp3
at Tumblr
Roxy Music - Do the Strand mp3
at Self Starter Foundation (?)
Roxy Music - Re-Make Re-Model mp3
at Rock Town Hall
Roxy Music - Virginia Plain mp3
at  Rock Town Hall
Cover:
Mudhoney - Editions of You mp3
at I Am Fuel You Are Friends
Video:
Roxy Music - Editions of You
at YouTube
Visit:

Both letters, side by side
at some his dude's Twitter

1 comment:

Steve D. said...

A cassette I unearthed at a Camelot Music store [20/$9.00] was an import cassette titled, "Glam Crazee!" [VTMC 1]. Five of the twenty tracks on this cassette wound up on Chicago POWER indoor soccer gameday tapes. "See My Baby Jive" (a Phil Spector homage if ever there was one) got to the custom C-90 tape I gave to all my ex-players.