Tuesday, June 26, 2018

PROTO-DON'T GIVE A SHIT

The other day I was coming out of the ocean and there were some kids poking around in a pile of seaweed. As I looked closer to see what was so different about this pile of seaweed (there were piles of seaweed all over this stretch of beach) I saw what they were looking at. It was a slimy ugly ass eel. It looked like a juvenile moray eel. Moray eels anchor their ass end in rock crevices, have sharp teeth and strong jaws. How do I know this? When I was growing up, one of my dad's acquaintances was skin diving, looking for abalone. He stuck his hand in a crack and one of those slimy ugly ass eels took hold of his finger. He was skin diving, that means no oxygen tank (scuba diving uses tanks). Running out of breath he had to do what a pre-teen me thought was the most badass thing in the world. He weighed his options and cut off his finger with a knife. I was about ten years old when my dad told that story to me and my brothers. Mega-baddass.


That story came back to me when I was standing there looking at the slimy ugly ass eel. As I walked away it occurred to me that I've never posted anything by the Electric Eels. They were a band from Ohio, early-mid-seventies, and noisy as hell. Listen to those cuts below and tell me, in 1975 was there anything more raw? Anything close?

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Electric Eels - Cyclotron mp3 at Killed By Death
The Electric Eels - Agitated mp3
at Killed By Death
 

No comments: