Saturday, June 30, 2018

BACK IN THE SADDLE

I don't know how much you listen to music while driving. For me it's essential. I live in Southern California, where the traffic is bad and the drivers are worse. Music is about the only thing that makes the time spent in traffic with the knucklehead road rage types bearable. So when my car stereo went to shit, the misery level rose. In the overall scheme of things this is a insignificant problem. But I'm sure I'm not the only one who can barely tolerate hours on the road without music. All told, I was without music for a week. It was hell. No amount of my own horrid singing or imagined comedic dialogue could ease the passage of time spent stuck in traffic. When I got the new stereo installed, I already had a CD with me. When the intro to Burning Spear's "Marcus Garvey" started blasting from my speakers, I swear to god it was about the best thing I ever heard.



~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Burning Spear - Marcus Garvey mp3 at Passion of the Weiss
Burning Spear - Marcus Garvey/Garvey's Ghost - Full LP
(streaming) at YouTube Playlist with dub versions from Garvey's Ghost following original versions.

No comments: