Saturday, June 16, 2018

GET THE HOOK

Today a friend of mine, the Crippler to be exact, posted the following statement on Facebook: "I have over 800 FB friends. All of them love KISS. Admit it." The statement is patently false. I hate Kiss, I always have. The closest I've come to tolerating them is liking a couple covers. Redd Kross's cover of "Deuce" and the Replacements' cover of "Black Diamond". Other than that, they're totally irrelevant. I can't stand them.

A few years ago, I posted a link to a 45 minute compilation of Paul Stanley's stage banter. It's funny at first, that inane, but when you realize that the crowds are just eating it up, it's kind of distressing. It actually pisses me off. Here's that collection and another link I recently ran into. This new one has them streaming and has each one of the on stage inanities isolated as single downloads so you can use them to fuck up your latest mix. Another thing made possible now with two streaming sources is the ability to listen to both sources at once. Two screaming Paul Stanleys at the same time. Try to out-stupid that.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
45 Minutes of Paul Stanley Stage Banter - Curated by Chris Ames at Soundcloud
Paul Stanley - Let Me Get This Off My Chest at Internet Archive Same content as above, in individual downloads or streaming. In the right column, under "Download options" click on "VBR MP3 Files"
Redd Kross - Deuce  (streaming) at YouTube
The Replacements - Black Diamond (streaming) at YouTube

No comments: