Wednesday, April 5, 2023

POWERED BY BEAT-MAN


Well gang, the geniuses at Google have tightened their algorithms again leading to a dramatic decrease in traffic. Yesterday, out of 3,878 posts, there were only 60 page views. That's makes this here blog, ehh, dare I say it, somewhat of a waste of time. At it's peak this blog was getting roughly 2,600 page views a day. They gradually decreased and then nosedived multiple times as Google fucked with things. If you were to look at third party analytics, they would tell you that this blog, representing 16 years of posts, is valued at a couple hundred dollars. I've no idea where they come up with figures and I'm not doing this for money anyways but what it comes down to is this: each post is valued at about five cents. And each post takes a minimum of an hour. Fu-huck.

So, what to do? What would you do? I hate to disappoint the regulars and friends I've made over the years but I can't keep banging my head against the wall. Any ideas?

As a placeholder for tonight, as my whining passes, is a 40 minute set from Reverend Beat Man (that's him above), posted because he's still one of the heroes of this blog. Come to think of it, maybe that's what I ought to do, just post the shit that's up my alley and screw yours and everybody else's. What's the worst that can happen? I lose 60 page views a day? Oh yeahhhh, I can see it now, the return of BJ the Messenger and MC Gorditas. You're in for it.



~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Reverend Beat Man - Come Back Lord mp3 at Go Retro

1 comment:

Steve D. said...

I honestly cannot give you any advice about increasing your page views.
I've only had my own World-Wide Web site for one year now. I have an ExtremeTracking tracker on them for anybody to view for nine years or so. {It will be on the lower right.}
My bookmark pages are ones of the best out here. I deliberately broke out the adult-oriented links to avoid them all winding up on censorware lists. But they barely get any genuine traffic.