Saturday, April 8, 2023

THE OLDER I GET, THE COOLER HE GETS.


You know you're getting old when you no longer fantasize about someday being as cool as Keith Richards. It's a lot of work picking out what skull rings and other accoutrements will let the world know that you're not a square yet. Charlie Watts didn't give a shit. Of all of the Stones he's is the one who never became a caricature of himself. He was always a drummer first, not someone who needed to be a fashion plate, be in the limelight, or worry whether he was still cool. But man, could he swing. I just ran into some of his solo stuff that I've never heard.

There's a couple Stones covers he did, I've no clue when but they're not as good as the three Elvin titled cuts.  (Discogs people.) "Elvin Suite Pt 2" is so awesome I'm compelled to put part 1 down there too. But I'd start with "Elvin's Song" a third Elvin cut, sixteen minutes of all over the place. The Elvin in question, I'm guessing is Elvin Jones..

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Charlie Watts - Elvin Suite (Part 1) mp3
at Internet Archive
Charlie Watts - Elvin Suite (Part 2) mp3
at Internet Archive
Charlie Watts and the Tentet - Elvin's Song mp3
at Internet Archive
Charlie Watts - You Can't Always Get What You Want mp3
at Internet Archive
Charlie Watts - Paint It Black mp3
at Internet Archive

No comments: