Monday, June 11, 2018

CUTTIN' FARTS WITH CHAN

I'm sorry. It just hit me. That photo above is probably the most used image of Chan Romero that there is, whether cropped or not. It just hit me tonight that he looks like he's squeezing out a fart. Yeah, that's the kind of mood I'm in right now. I was going to go off again about the way he got signed and how it bugs me. (After Ritchie Valens died, Romero's manager pitched him to Bob Keane to fill the vacancy on his Del-Fi label.) I was going to write some serious shit. But then I saw the 2012 video of Romero (linked below) doing his "Hippy Hippy Shake" live. The performance is actually pretty good. Romero pulls it off respectably considering his age. But what I found most entertaining is the bass player, notably a six string bass player. I'm not pointing him out to poke fun, I'm totally curious about his story. How did he come to play with Romero? Given his excess strings, what is his preferred genre? And his restrained rocking out moves? Was he once a total rocker? One thing you gotta give him, he's fully into it. Good for him.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~ 
Listen:

No comments: