Sunday, June 3, 2018

FROM SAM'S HALL CLOSET

I remember a ways back that I promised to post every song in the Sun Records discography even if it takes me a million years. I'm not backing out of that, I'm just taking my sweet ass time. And today, I make progress. Here's a handful from Jack Earls and Jimmy Wages, two obscure Sun artists, two among many. Running across Wages's "Mad Man" changed my night. First off, I don't care who the artist is. If it's a song called "Mad Man" there is a very good chance I'm going to click. A song called "Mad Man", recorded at Sun, there is no way that I'm not going to check it out. That got me to thinking about all the others that recorded at Sun, the artists that no one hears that might not have as snappy of a song title. They deserve a shot too, if for no other reason than they recorded at Sun. Good enough for me.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Jimmy Wages - Mad Man mp3 at Rocky 52
Jimmy Wages - Heartbreakin' Love mp3
at Rocky 52
Jack Earls and the Jimbos - Slow Down mp3
at Rocky 52
Jack Earls and the Jimbos - A Fool For Lovin' You mp3
at Rocky 52
Jack Earls and the Jimbos - Crawdad Hole mp3
at Rocky 52

No comments: