Sunday, July 1, 2018

WAS SOMEONE GOING TO TELL ME?

Until today I had never heard of Johnny Griffin, not that I remember anyway. I happened to be on a blog called Spychedelic Sally and ran into a cut of his "The Message": It was good enough that I went looking for a anything else. That's when I ran into "Smoke Stack". Holy shit. After listening to it I was thinking that its exactly the type of jazz I think of when I just hear the term "jazz". This particular one rips, beginning to end, all ten minutes of it. Then, I saw who was in the band:

Johnny Griffin-Tenor Sax, John Coltrane-Tenor Sax, Hank Mobley-Tenor Sax, Lee Morgan - Trumpet, Art Blakey - Drums and two others. 

Explains everything. Fuck, what a line up.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:

No comments: