Monday, July 16, 2018

GET MY HEAD IN THERE

I ran into P.J. on my way home from the beach today. He's a good friend, like family, my brother's old roommate, and the only non-family member ever presented a key to my Mom's house by my Mom. He's also a drummer and the guy who told me to listen to The Ultimate Elvin Jones. He was listening to music on headphones today and when I asked what he was listening to; he said it was the jazz station. I asked him what his favorite show was, because sometimes it can get lame (newish borderline smooth jazz). He said his favorite was Saturday Night Fish Fry. Hell yeah. That's a show I listen to, jump blues and early r&b. Honking 'n shit. So that's what Ive been listening to tonight. Heavy on the Amos.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Amos Milburn - Birmingham Bounce mp3 at Rocky 52 1950
Amos Milburn - Rock, Rock, Rock mp3 at Rocky 52 1952
Amos Milburn - One, Two, Three Everybody mp3 at Rocky 52 1954

Amos Milburn - Let's Have a Party mp3 at Internet Archive

No comments: