Friday, July 13, 2018

GOOD SHIT MAYNARD

I've always been a bird in the hand guy. I know enough to stop where I'm satisfied and avoid being a glutton. Sometimes I have stupid ideas and if I act on them without caution, I end up mired in shit. That's my reasoning to stop at the first click tonight. Lucky for you it's an awesome mix of Studio One instrumentals, quite a few hard to come by. Two hours. Fuck yeah.

This one has all the big hitters and multiple eras, all from the golden age. Studio bands Sound Dimension, Soul Defenders, Soul Defenders and the Brentford Road All Stars and solo cuts by Jackie Mittoo, Ernest Ranglin, Cedric Brooks, and Roland Alphonso. Hell, the second cut is by Lennie Hibbert, one of the very few, if not the only vibraphonist in reggae. The reliable bonus here, as with most of the Studio One from those years, Leroy Sibbles's bass is all over these. To put it simply, this mix is killer.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Studio One Instrumentals at Internet Archive Streaming and as a download.  In the right column, under "Download options" click on "VBR MP3 Files"
Visit:
More Studio One posts (scroll down the page)

No comments: