Friday, February 5, 2021

LOCK DOWN THEATER NIGHT 43


This is perfect for the mood I'm in. A documentary about a recording studio, A studio where records I'm familiar with were recorded. I remember hearing about this film when it came out and thinking it would be neat to check out some time after the Dave Grohl is Everywhere fatigue had passed. It never really has. Grohl, who directed this, is just so...visible. I'm sure he's an alright guy. He is talented and prolific, but do I gotta encounter him every day? You see where I'm going.

I have a lot of respect for Grohl. He was in Nirvana. He's in a band with one of the Germs and that band has backed Paul McCartney. Those three things alone are reasons not to diss him out of hand. And I'm not dissing him at all. I'm just tired of him. I had my doubts about this one but I'm in the first ten minutes of it and kind of sucked in. Which is to say, it might be good. Hey, it is about a recording studio.

Watch:
Sound City at YouTube Full length documentary, 2013
More:
Sound City
at Wikipedia

No comments: