Friday, February 19, 2021

"OH HELL YEAH" OF THE WEEK


Wow, this is cool if you're into reggae. A Tapper (or Tappa) Zukie LP I didn't know existed. I just saw the title, Tappa Zukie - Horms Up! Dubbing With Horns. I was all over that. I love Tapper Zukie and I love horns in reggae. Then I saw the release date, 2009. Oh shit. Could go either way. I took a chance, and I was rewarded. Once I listened to it I knew it wasn't that recent. I shit you not, I heard the trumpet and it was like hearing Bobby Ellis on a Burning Spear LP. It was more organic sounding. I placed it in the seventies and, as it turned out, that was the case. A lost tape found and released thirty years after it was recorded. And the trumpet player sounded like Bobby Ellis because it was Bobby Ellis. Vin Gordon's on it too, trombone. Sly and Robbie are on it (pre-syn-drum), Earl "Chinna" Smith, Winston Wright, ...this thing is packed.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Tappa Zukie - Hit Maker mp3
(streaming) at YouTube A taste to help you decide
The LP:
Tappa Zukie - Horms Up! Dubbing With Horns
(via Mega) at Compartilhando Reggae 15 mp3s in a zip. NOTE: You do not have to sign up at Mega, the download just takes a couple minutes instead of seconds.

No comments: