Thursday, February 4, 2021

YOUR ENERGY LEVEL WILL CHANGE


I was checking to see what Peter Tibbles over at Time Goes By has been posting. He likes all sorts of stuff I've never given the time of day. Like, lets say, early Bing Crosby. On a post about long song intros, he had Crosby's "Try A Little Tenderness". After hearing that I went to the version I did know, Otis Redding's. In no time I first found myself stomping all over the kitchen while trying to make tacos. After I ate, I went looking for the version from the film Monterey Pop Festival. Though half of the song is a montage of hippie chicks, when it does go back to Redding the thing just explodes. This was the first soul footage I saw as a teen and just the second half of the song made a huge impression on me. Man, play this one loud.


No comments: