Friday, April 17, 2020

WANTED: LONGER STRAP

I'm not sure what advantages there are to having a guitar stuck in your armpit, but I think the last time it was the thing to do was during the British Invasion. I'm guessing it has to do with technique or something, if that's the case then what's his face from Thee Oh Sees gets a pass. I like his playing. He gets bonus points too, along with the occasional band-mate, for wearing cut offs on stage. For a couple reasons. One, I like cutoffs when they're practical. You run out of shorts, you have extra long pants, you take out a pair and you cut them off. One negative is that Mr. Armpit Guitar wears cut offs so often that a person's short-to-long pants ratio would have to be severely out of whack to have all of your shorts as cut offs. You don't suppose (shudder) he bought long pants and cut them off right away? You know I'm bored as fuck when I start going off about cut offs. He plays guitar good.


You thought it was over didn't you? Nope. Because I haven't finished with the big reason why he gets a pass on the armpit guitar thing and a neutral score on the cut offs (pending confirmation). The big reason why the shorts thing is an overwhelming positive, despite my own opinion, is because I know it would get under the Crippler's skin. First, the Crippler. So named because, about twenty five years ago, a bunch of friends where hanging outside the (old) Casbah, most drunk, and I went to give the soon-to-be-named Crippler a playful kick. He grabbed my foot, yanked, BAM! Down on the sidewalk I went, on both knee caps. I hobbled a good week. The thing is that the Crippler doesn't approve of shorts being worn onstage. Anything that gets under the Crippler's skin is just one part of my slow painful revenge. Dude does play guitar good.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Oh Sees - Carrion Crawler mp3
at Still In Rock 2011 NOTE: Goes direct to download. To preview go here.
Oh Sees - Animated Violence mp3
at Still In Rock 2015 Ditto above.
Oh Sees - The Dream (live) mp3
at Still In Rock 2016 Ditto, and so on.
Oh Sees - Gelatinous Cube mp3
at Still In Rock 2016
Oh Sees - Sticky Hulks mp3 at Still In Rock 2017
Oh Sees - All above songs streaming
at Still In Rock Along with about ninety other songs by other artists.
Video:
Oh Sees - Live at La Route du Rock 2017
at YouTube About an hour.

No comments: