Wednesday, April 15, 2020

TONIGHTS EARWORM CHAMP

This would be one of those nights that I don't feel like sitting in front of a screen. A few weeks ago I'd take the opportunity to just walk around the neighborhood, maybe down to the beach, and just chat with the people I know when I run into them. No agenda, just cruise around. Now the streets are just about empty. I live by myself and this day after day of the same thing is getting groundhog day-ish. "Social living is the best", so repeats Burning Spear in his "Social Living". The song, rather repeated lyric, has been stuck in my head for days, like a fucking mantra. I found a download of it, so here's that and a couple other cuts, unrelated but also reggae and also good.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Burning Spear - Social Living mp3 at Internet Archive 12" version, with a couple minutes of the version on the flip.
Burning Spear - Social Living
(streaming) at YouTube
Horace Andy - See A Man's Face mp3
at Kazo Wailers
Gregory Isaacs - Poor and Clean mp3
at Kazo Wailers
Prince Jazzbo - Crab Walking mp3
at Snuhthing Anything

No comments: