Thursday, April 16, 2020

FUCK YEAH MOMENT OF THE DAY

Reggae two nights in a row? Yep, I got a reason for that. I just heard a car driving down the street blasting the Abyssinians' "Satta Massagana" an absolute stone cold classic. The reason why I'm such a pushover on this one is that I had a shitty day, really shitty. "Satta Massagana" is rather obscure, in the US anyway. You have to be relatively deep in reggae to know it. It's from 1969 but its vintage belies its roots sound. I love the song, and hearing blaring down the road was welcome particularly after a shitty day and a social distancing night ahead of me. It was comforting. All one needs is just one "Fuck yeah!" moment a day.

I found the song by accident. If you know the Internet Archive, then you've probably found that a lot of the songs posted there get changed to samples only. I only found this one because they've misspelled the name of the group. Regardless, if you want to hear the full songs, don't delay.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Abyssinians - Satta Massagana mp3 at Internet Archive
The Abyssinians - Declaration of Rights mp3
at Internet Archive
The Abyssinians - 12 more
at Internet Archive In the right column, under "Download options" click on "VBR MP3 Files"

No comments: