Tuesday, January 28, 2020

SLUDGE NA NA

Every once in a while you just have to have some raunchy shit. I don't know, it might not be the same for you but, while I do have a fondness for expertly crafted music, sometimes I really need to hear something that starts with feedback or an in-the-red distorted bass lick; something that kind of ignores finesse and just blows shit up. The Germs can do that. Flipper too in a more sludgy way, and post-pit Black Flag, when they started to stretch. Pissed Jeans are like a mix of those three. Derivative? Shit yeah, derivative of those three bands to start. But I'm not about to split hairs about that, not when their sound is capable of splitting skulls. This is good ol' fashioned American noisy shit. The individual songs below have been posted before, but there's another link to their LP, King of Jeans, which I think I remember being what put them on the map. I'm definitely past the age of playing fan boy, so I don't know their names or much about them at all. I don't even know if they still exist. I don't care, I just like to blow it up on a Tuesday night.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Pissed Jeans - Closet Marine mp3
at Pissed Jeans
Pissed Jeans - Dream Smotherer mp3
at Subpop
Pissed Jeans - False Jesii Part 2 mp3
at Subpop
Pissed Jeans - People Person mp3
at Subpop
Pissed Jeans - I've Still Got You (Ice Cream) mp3
at Subpop

The LP:
Pissed Jeans - King of Jeans at I Don't Care About Sleep 12 songs in a zip.

No comments: