Saturday, January 11, 2020

YOU LOOK LIKE A FOOL

I've been scarce the past couple of days. My next door neighbor was found dead on Thursday. He'd shot himself in the head. We weren't good friends, but it hurts because the guy was just getting his shit together. In the past, he was a heavy drinker. He'd occasionally come home after the bars closed and be pissed off about something and proceed to smash shit up in his apartment. I hadn't heard it, but the former tenant in this apartment had, as well as another neighbor in close proximity. About a year ago, he made a 180. Quit drinking, started to eat better and got into a fitness routine. His demeanor changed drastically. He went from stand-offish to outgoing and actually kind of jovial. Everything seemed to be going good for him, so I have no clue what set him off, but you seldom do in cases like this. It's easy to say "If I'd only known", but without looking at what you did see, you haven't learned anything. What I guess I learned is that if there is a wild swing of a pendulum, it could swing just as wildly back.

So, for the past two days I'd been wanting to post stuff, but I didn't want to post a song and then later associate with this dark event. I finally settled on something. Kiss. I never listen to Kiss, so I could care less if there are bad associations with them. They are a bad association for me. That said, some of you might dig this, a very early club gig from 1973. If you, like me, couldn't give less of a shit about Kiss, you may enjoy the mix of 45 minutes of Paul Stanley's insipid stage banter.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~ 
Listen:

2 comments:

Ginny said...

OH, Tom, I'm so sorry to read this.

Tom G. said...

Thanks Ginny. It shook me bad, but I'm doing better.