Tuesday, January 14, 2020

STILL READ BOOKS?

Dennis Brown and Big Youth
I had second thoughts about posting reggae again so soon. I'm in the mist of reading Lloyd Bradley's excellent Bass Culture (previously published as This Is Reggae Music), for the third time. It rules. If you have any interest in reggae but don't know where to start, this is your book. Really, I've read a bunch of books on reggae and this one has more in it than all of the others put together. So I was in the mood. I figured I'd click on a song I hadn't heard and, depending how the mood progressed, take it from there. The system was rigged though. Big Youth and Dennis Brown on the same slab. I knew, absolutely, what that would do to my mood. Between the pull of my reggae records and the book, the computer loses.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~ 
Listen:
Big Youth and Dennis Brown - Ride On Ride On mp3 at Marley Discography
Big Youth and Dennis Brown - Wild Goose Chase mp3
at Marley Discography
Visit:
Other reggae posts here This will come in handy if you read the book.

No comments: