Thursday, November 22, 2018

TRUST ME, THEY LOOK LIKE DORKS

Songs will return when they do, at the oddest moment a song that you forgot about. Today for instance, I got stung by two stingrays, within minutes. Twice. If you know how painful one stingray sting can be, multiply it by two. Fucking ouch is right. And for some stupid reason, "Double Shot (of My Babies Love)" by the Swinging Medallions started going through my head. Probably the "double shot" part, there was no baby or love involved. Okay, too much pain right now, I'll go with that one.

The song has the sound of a band playing at a party, which I'm sure was just a bunch of assorted people in the studio, but it does lend itself to imagining a not-quite frat house band, not quite garage, but a good time nonetheless. Too bad it doesn't work as a pain killer.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Swingin' Medallions - Double Shot (of My Baby's Love) mp3 at ATumblr

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen the picture; can confirm. They look like giant dorks. I've always loved this record, though!

Marc

Tom G. said...

It's unanimous (so far)! The Swing Medallions are dorks!