Monday, November 26, 2018

A WHITE BOY WHAT?

I think everybody knows that Elvis Presley's first record was a cover of Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup's "That's All Right". Maybe not. Even if most of you did know that, how many have actually heard Crudup's original? I didn't hear it until long after hearing Elvis's cover.  It was on my list for years, the frustration compounded by wanting to hear the original of "My Baby Left Me", a song of his covered by Creedence as well as Elvis. But nothing. Squat. There was no internet, and the demand for Crudup's work was not sufficient enough for even the blues bins. You kids have it so easy when it comes to finding music. Why do you concentrate on recent crap? Oh yeah, before I forget, get the fuck off the lawn.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup - That's All Right mp3 at Internet Archive 1946
Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup - That's All Right mp3
at Internet Archive 1962
Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup - My Baby Left Me
(streaming) at YouTube 1950
Elvis Presley - That's All Right
(streaming) at YouTube 1954
Creedence Clearwater Revival - My Baby Left Me mp3
at Adios Lounge 1970

No comments: