Thursday, November 1, 2018

NEVER HEARD OF THEM. OH HELL YEAH.

A random click with little to go on other than it was current jazz and it was on Impulse. It could have gone either way, but this was good one, one of those totally random clicks that turns into "Whoa! What is this?!" In this case it was The Sons of Kemet's "My Queen Is Angela Davis". I don't know enough about jazz to really describe this song accurately in those terms. I will say this, it reminds me of Sun Ra but it's leaner (two drummers, a sax and a tuba) and harder. Totally crazy in parts.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Sons of Kemet - My Queen Is Angela Davis mp3 at For the Sake of the Song Go there to get it.
Video:
Sons of Kemet - My Queen Is Angela Davis (live) at YouTube

No comments: