Sunday, November 11, 2018

PART TIME COVER

I ran into a John Holt cover of "Bring It On Home". It was good, but exactly the way you'd imagine him covering it. No surprises. He's done a shit ton of covers over the years and some hit the spot, some seem like he's just going through the paces. So, that cover just made me want to dig for a non-cover. I happened on "Riding For a Fall". Holy shit, insanely cool horns, a prominent trombone and flute. A Bunny Lee joint, yo. I'd never heard it before tonight and after listening to it a few times, it has me not wanting to be in front of a computer. I'll post some more Holt soon.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
John Holt - Bring It On Home mp3 at Kazo
John Holt - Riding For a Fall mp3
at ATumblr (?)

No comments: