Friday, May 20, 2022

WAH-WAH, CONGAS, HEAVY BASS AND PAM GRIER


Maybe it's because I like Blaxploitation movies in general, maybe because they're musical time-capsules. Maybe I just like the stealth attitude of the songs. I don't know, I'm not going to over-analyze it, I just really dig Blaxploitation soundtracks.

I wanted to include Melvin Van Peebles' film Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song because it was a big deal, something about being the first independently produced Blacksloitation film, or something like that. Look it up. Unfortunately the link I had for his movie was removed, but I did find one for a film called Bucktown that I've never heard of. Within the first few seconds, wah-wah. Credits roll. Fred Williamson...Pam Grier. Stop. Wah-wah and Pam Grier? In a movie I never heard of? I'm cutting out to watch it.

No comments: