Saturday, May 7, 2022

A: BOWL CUT ERA


One thing that may not occur to casual blog browsers is that if you land on a music blog and there happens to be a song that you like, there may be more like it on the same blog on other posts. I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again: The search box is you're friend. Almost every blog has one. Use it.

Case in point: Today I ran into one early cut by Bob Seger. Now, I'm not some Seger freak. When I was younger he was all over the radio, with the Silver Bullet Band. Late seventies and early eighties if I remember correctly (I remember hearing "Hollywood Nights" for the first time while washing dishes at a restaurant I worked at. See "How to guess the release date of overplayed songs", Section 2a). But I'd heard some of his early stuff and dug it.



So, the blog AM Then FM had one, and I took a shot. Bam! Five sixties cuts, two of which I've never heard. There were others but they were early seventies and, though prior to the Silver Bullet Band, they still had that mid-seventies over played sound to them. But the five below, from 1967-1968 are great, Seger's voice over a garage type band. Not really straight garage, but from the Nuggets era. Dig 'em.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Bob Seger System - 2 + 2 = ? mp3
at AM Then FM 1968
Bob Seger and the Last Heard - Chain Smokin' mp3
at AM Then FM 1967
Bob Seger and the Last Heard - Persecution Smith mp3
at AM Then FM 1967
Bob Seger and the Last Heard - East Side Story mp3
at AM Then FM  1967
Bob Seger and the Last Heard - Heavy Music (Part 1) mp3
at AM Then FM  1967

No comments: