Wednesday, May 25, 2022

LIVE IN THE BACKYARD!


Aw man, another band I never heard of that merits mentioning, this time a garage band from Louisiana. I'll get to that in a minute. I started with Mouse and the Traps' “Maid of Sugar, Maid of Spice”. Cool, a garage song I can build around. I go looking for an image and found myself on a blog, On the Road South, which bills itself as "1960's garage bands from Texas and beyond".  Okay, so I do a little digging. Just clicking on YouTube links to garage bands I've never heard of. I ran across one with kids and I'm thinking that it could be a good laugh, or out of left field à la the Shaggs. But no, these kids mean business. (That's the guitar player above.)  Give a listen to the Little Bits, aged 9 to 12. A credible snarl beyond their years. For whatever reason, it made me think of the Sloths, and then I got the idea to go browse Ugly Things. That's where I'm going and I know I won't be back tonight, so follow me over there.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Mouse and the Traps - Maid of Sugar, Maid of Spice mp3
at The Rising Storm
The Little Bits - Girl Give Me Love
(streaming) at YouTube
The Sloths - Makin' Love
(streaming) at YouTube
Visit:
The Little Bits
at On The Road Again Profile/interview
Ugly Things
Magazine and label

No comments: