Tuesday, May 31, 2022

THE ALLEY DELIVERS


Earlier today I was thinking about what a pain in the ass it is to think of a song to post every day or two. So, after I get home I'm out in the alley for a quick smoke. I overhear my neighbor, Eileen, laughing in the complex across the alley. She moved in roughly a year ago. I think it was the second time I saw her, about a week after she moved in. She was wearing the Germs T-shirt with the artwork by Shawn Kerri. Yes, instant friend. So as I was headed back into my apartment, with a trail of thoughts that included that Germs T-shirt, I overhear my upstairs neighbor talking loudly on the phone and I heard him say "gimme gimme this, gimme that". Though my upstairs neighbor wasn't quoting the Germs' "Lexicon Devil", the phrase appears in the lyrics. Too much of a coincidence to not take the hint. So, here's both versions of "Lexicon Devil", the first from the first Slash EP, produced by Geza X (Deadbeats, Arthur J and the Gold Cups) and the second from their first LP a couple years later, produced by Joan Jett. The LP version is harder and faster. While I wouldn't call it slick, it's definitely recorded in a "better" studio. I kind of dig the EP version more though. It really does sound more like the time, and the budget.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
The Germs - Lexicon Devil (EP version) mp3
at Killed By Death
The Germs - Lexicon Devil (LP version)
(streaming) at YouTube
The Germs - Two more from the EP
at Killed By Death

No comments: