Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I'VE NO CLUE


Back in the nineties, there was a couple that lived down the street from me, Shannon and Allison. They kinda stuck out, because they looked pretty unique, in that they had style, but it was a style that was hard to put your finger on. It wasn't a rock 'n' roll or music oriented style, but an I'm into my own thing style, if that makes any sense. I'd seen them around the neighborhood, but didn't meet them until I had a garage sale. After getting to know them (you know what comes next), I found out what type of music they listened to. Allison was really into Jamiroquai, which wasn't all that surprising. Shannon, on the other hand, had a thing for Tower of Power. He had it bad, and although he didn't have a lot of records, he had just about all of Tower of Power's. He had been snapping up their records on the cheap, because being the nineties, they weren't seen as cool. Nobody was listening to funky horn driven stuff with bitchen breaks, nobody but Shannon. But you know what? His fiending led to me listening to them again with open ears. Ever since then, whenever I hear anything remotely like Tower of Power, I silently thank Shannon for doing what fiends do. This song seemed too apropos to not pass on.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Tower of Power - What Is Hip? mp3
at Ockstompingmeteorock

No comments: