Tuesday, October 26, 2021

YOUR FIRST PHOTO SESSION?


I ran into a few obscure funky soul sides from New Orleans. I was just listening to them roll, then I heard one that sounded mid-sixties and was thinking Damn, this sounds like the Dap-Kings. I knew it wasn't. The Dap-Kings didn't exist back then. I looked at the playlist to see who it was. Ernie and the Top Notes. Okay. (That's them, above.) Then I looked at the title: "Dap Walk". Fuckin' A, Also, it has  a more than passing resemblance to Archie Bell and the Drell's "Tighten Up". We can always use more of that. Here's that one and a couple others, all three by artists unknown to me an hour ago. It's nice to be reminded of your ignorance. Check the Eldridge Holmes cut, right at 1:00, when the horns kick back in. That's tonights moment. But wait, there's more. Dig the drums in "Stay".

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Ernie and the Top Notes - Dap Walk mp3
at Internet Archive
Eldridge Holmes - Pop Popcorn Children mp3
at Internet Archive
Chuck Colbert/Viewpoint - Stay mp3
at Internet Archive

No comments: