Monday, January 23, 2012

I STILL LIKE THIS GUY


He fist bumps White House janitors. He body surfs, and does so with respectable style. He brings troops home. He repeals "Don't ask, don't tell." When he's not shooting hoops, he's ending wars. He sings Al Green. He is the Most Interesting World Leader in the World.

~ NOTE: ALL MEDIA IS HOSTED BY THE BLOGS & SITES NAMED BELOW ~
Listen:
Barack Obama - Let's Stay Together mp3 & ring tone at Barack Obama Note: Click on "Download for other smartphones" for mp3
Al Green - Let's Stay Together mp3 at Suck My Caucus

3 comments:

guess that makes me Athena said...

I still like him too. Nice post.

Wow, weird photo of me. Don't know how that happened. Went to Greece with my family & my oldest brother looked/looks like Zeus (and also like a snow monkey). I don't know when or how I managed that. Lord.

I think of you sometimes when I think of something you might like. For example, I like Marc Maron's podcast, which you may or may not enjoy. He mostly talks with comics but he's also into music.

And did you read Patty Smith's memoir of her growing up years with Robert Mapplethorpe? It's damned poetic and awesome (as the kids say).

Hope you're well,

Jennifer (whom you met twice)

Tom G. said...

Think of you too. Hell, I still have whiplash from the bumper cars! ... Finally figured it out. It's the hand gestures, right? That's why you like Leonard Cohen (kidding). Are you on Facebook?

guess that makes me Athena said...

Cool, a reply! I have an account but because of a negative experience, I'm un-findable. What's your user id? Or moniker or whatever the terminology is? Let me know & I'll send a 'friend' request (or email me at merkj1@cox.net).

Did you read Keith Richards' autobio? Consider that rhetorical - I'll msg you on FB down the road...